Life's Path

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Recovering

After the recent epsiode, life really slowed down.  I was to take it easy and let my body adjust as it recovered and I got my mobility back.  In all, it took about 3-4 weeks before I was back to "normal".  It took a long time for my hips to get back into full mobility and so I had a limp for awhile but other than that, everything came back in due time and it remained a mystery as to what had happened.  I just really hope that it doesn't ever happen again.

I continue to have more appointments throughout August 2009.  The ultrasound revealed that I need further investigations so I have a Saline Infusion.  We discover that I have a fibroid and will require surgery.  Hopefully this will help with my anemia problem.

I start counselling for Rehabilitation back to work.  Some things that happened at work before I left had to be dealt with before I could return to work.  I see the therapist for a couple of sessions to see if this is needed.  She confirms that I need to work through some work issues and the way that I was treated.  My rehab consultant thinks otherwise.  So goes the battle.

I restart the physio part of Rehab on August 24, 2009.  Jay, my therapist, is being very careful and cautious with me as he doesn't want me to relapse again.

A follow up appointment with the Colposcopy clinic (seriously, they need to move this clinic out of the Cross Cancer center!) and we get good news there...things look really good since my LEEP procedure.  Looks like all the bad cells are gone I should almost be done my treatment here!!!  That is some VERY good news!!

August 29 - September 1, 2009 I fly out to Kelowna for some much needed R&R at my friend's lake house.  It was a wonderful weekend of resting, sleeping (so much sleeping on the chair swing on the deck!) and soaking up the hot sun rays of the sun.  It was so good to escape the insanity of everything going on back home.

So things sort of seem back on track as far as recovering and getting some things taken care of.  But the question still remains...what is going on with my body?  Will this question ever get answered???

No comments:

Post a Comment