Life's Path

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

An exciting week!

May 15-24, 2009 is like a complete whirlwind!  Nicole and Jared's wedding date is May 23rd and there is still much to be done.  Because I am off work, I offer to help Nicole with any of her last minute errands.  Nicole doesn't drive so I offer to take her where ever she needs to go to get her wedding stuff all finalized and done.

Every day we run here and there getting things done.  It is exciting seeing her get all excited and get things finalized.  I even have the chance to help her find a place for Jared and her to live...there was much to do!  I know that each day is wearing on me physically but I am trying to suck it up the best that I can so that Nicole can have the best day.  Looking back, I would do it all over again for her.  But boy, it sure did do me in.

Every night I came home just exhausted and didn't know how I was going to make it to the next day.  But somehow I did.  Thank goodness all the running around went smoothly so there weren't any disasters or anything like that to deal with.

Come the Friday, the day before the wedding, Glenn and I were very involved with the decorating at the church with my aunt.  I just kept pushing the pain and exhaustion to the back of my brain and refused to let it get to me.  There was no time for this in my life!  Everything went well, everything looked beautiful and the rehearsal went off with a bang.  We were ready for the big day.  My body was telling me otherwise.

That night in bed, I was at one of my lowest lows.  I didn't know how I was going to make it to the wedding.  My body was screaming in protest to me and it was screaming loud.  It was so bad that I looked at Glenn, and honestly, I asked him this question in all seriousness "Do you know where we can get some marijuana?  I have heard that helps people and I am in desperate need of help."  He looks at me funny cause he just can't believe that his wife has asked him this!  But that was the shape I was in, I was ready to resort to pot to get me through the wedding.  Of course, I knew that it really wouldn't happen as I don't smoke anything but when you are desperate, you mind takes you to places you thought you would never go before.

Needless to say, Glenn did not go get me any pot.  We had a little laugh over the discussion and then tried to figure out other ways to help me through the night and through the next day.  Thank goodness for an amazing hairdresser and makeup because I was so drugged for Nicole's wedding but you wouldn't know it to look at the pictures.  I just kept smiling and kept going through the day and popping pain pills like there was not tomorrow.  The wedding went off so well and the bride and groom had a lovely day!  And in the end, that is what mattered to me.  I could deal with me later.  This was their one day for them and I was determined not to ruin it for them.  I just knew that I wouldn't probably be moving off the couch for at least a week!

Phew, I did it.  But don't ask me to do anything like that anytime soon.  The body can only handle so much at one time and I got my one free pass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment