Life's Path

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

December 8-12, 2008

Monday December 8th comes around and I am not better.  I have to call in to work sick again.  I am advised to go see my rheumatologist, but he is out of the country.  I go see the Rheumatologist that is on call.  Dr. Russell turns out to be a very kind older man who does a much better job than the other doctor who is now vacationing overseas.  He listens to what is going on, checks me out fully and orders me off work indefinitely.  He also orders a CT Scan of my abdomen area so that we can check out that nothing is inflamed in that area which is full of vital organs.  I leave the appointment relieved, I have been heard, more testing is coming up and I don't have to worry about trying to get to work in the next little while.  I can focus on giving my body the rest that it seems to need.  I can try and get better instead of trying to focus on trying to function through the day at a normal pace.

I also receive news that week that Glenn's doctor will see me on Friday, December 12th.  This is a huge answer to prayer that Dr. Boyko is going to take me on as a patient.  Glenn and I go to the appointment together on that Friday afternoon.  Dr. Boyko is a wonderful doctor.  He is great at what he does and if it is out of his scope of expertise, he isn't afraid to admit it and to find out where he can get the help that he needs in working with his patients.  He doesn't just prescribe an antidepressant because he doesn't know what else to do for you.  He will keep searching for answers until an answer is found.

One look at me and he knows that I am very sick.  He has reviewed all the blood work and test results that I have had to date.  He agrees that there is something very wrong with me.  He takes my hand, looks me in the eye and tells me that "We will get to the bottom of this."  That news alone is like I just found the golden ticket.  This is a doctor who has heard my story, who believes and knows that something is wrong due to the findings that they have so far, and who will not quit on me until the final answer is found.  Glenn and I both feel like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders and that we know we will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Of course, I am sent for more blood work.  I don't mind though, whatever it takes.  Poke me, prod me, use cameras, x-rays whatever, let's get this figured out because I want the old me back.  The healthy me.  The one who walked to work and back 19 blocks one way.  The one who worked out at lunch time.  The one who gave her all at work for the greater good of the team.  The one who enjoyed life.  The one who would continue to stroke things off her bucket list.  The one who could be a wife to her husband again.

No comments:

Post a Comment