Life's Path

Monday, March 21, 2011

Let's get you back to work!

So you see, now that I have completed the Fibromyalgia course, my insurance company for long term disability thinks that it is time to get me back to work.  It isn't that I don't want to go back to work, that is my ultimate goal.  The problem is, I am not better, getting worse some days and we still don't know what is wrong with me.  That is why I don't feel it is time to start thinking about me going back to work.

I meet with the Rehabilitation consultant on May 12, 2009.  She comes to my place and the meeting is for 9:30 AM.  She shows up at 9:00.  Oh well, she can see me with my hair still wet from the shower, bed unmade etc.  It is an interview like session...can you do this, can you do that, have you tried this, have you tried that.  Some of it seems silly, some of it seems legit.  I don't get warm fuzzy feelings from this lady.  You can tell she is by the book and her job is to get me back to work and she will do whatever it takes to make that happen.  I do stress to her that we are still working on getting my situation figured out.  She doesn't really care, she really likes the Fibromyalgia diagnosis and is content on working with that.  She doesn't get it.  But then again, I am getting used to that.  The meeting finally wraps up and she will get back to me as to what my plan will be as far as getting rehabilitated.  She sees me back to work by August.  Let's hope she is right!

After that meeting, I need a nap.  That was an emotionally draining meeting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment