Life's Path

Friday, March 11, 2011

March 5, 2009

So remember the lovely Rheumatologist that I saw back in November??  Dr. Davis??  Today is my follow-up appointment with him.  I figure it is a waste of time to see him as my regular doctor has already given me the results of my bone scan etc. but off I go.

Seriously this guy has the worst bedside manners.  Again, he barely looks me in the eye.  We go over my bone scan, which there is nothing to report.  He has no idea what is going on so he throws out the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia out there.  Now please, don't get me wrong.  I know that there are people out there that have this diagnosis and I don't downplay it.  But this is not the diagnosis for me.  I know it for a fact.  He has thrown this at me as to lump me in the category of unknown and so let's give you a title.  Even though I don't accept it to be true, part of me has to play the role of it because I am on disability.  I am scheduled to go partake in a 3 day course for Fibromyalgia patients.  I have to attend it because I am on disability.  Not doing so could jeopardize my status as it would be seen that I am not trying to get better.  So I have to have the title to my name of this auto immune disease. 

But it is not going to define me and I am not going to give up the fight to find out what is really going on in my body.  Even though this doctor has given up on me, I am not giving up on me.  I know my body too well and I will not go down without a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment