Life's Path

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Medications

At this point I think I should mention (since I forgot to in the previous posts) that they have been trying me on some medication to see if that helps.  I hate taking medications unless absolutely necessary and I don't like being a guinea pig.  But again, sometimes I have to try things because I am on an insurance plan and if they don't see that things are being tried, they will wonder if the doctor and I are trying to get me better.  It is a real catch 22 situation.

In March, 2009 they started me on the drug Cymbalta.  This is supposed to have great results with patients with Fibromyalgia.  The only thing this does for me is makes me more nauseated than I already am.  Should buy more stocks in ginger ale.  They decide to take me off it in June, 2009.  We see no effects so there is no use in taking it.

July 2009 they put me on Lyrica.  Again, supposed to have great results for Fibromyalgia.  There is no change whatsoever when I take this drug.  They take me off of it in October of 2009.  Seriously, you would think at this point that with trying both drugs and having zero effects from them, you would think that they would realize that I probably don't have Fibromyalgia!  But they still have no answers as to why I am the way I am and that diagnosis kind of catches some of the symptoms that I have.

Because of all this, I am now going to be sent back to Dr. Duggan, the Internist (The Dr. House guy!)  I am scheduled to see him again on October 22, 2009.  Let's see if he can come up with something since I saw him 10 months ago!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment