Life's Path

Sunday, February 27, 2011

November 20, 2008

Bone scan day.  If you have never had a bone scan, I will be the first to tell you it is a long process.  My appointment is for 10AM but I won't be done until about 1PM.  When you first get to the appointment you get an injection of die put into you.  Then you have to wait at least 2 hours for the die to go through your body.  So be prepared to bring a book or something to do while you are waiting. 

Once you are declared good to go, you are then placed on a bed and this machine will go over you from head to toe scanning every part of your body.  It takes some time so I manage to get in a little nap!  The only uncomfortable part of the procedure is that they tape your feet together and after a while, it gets uncomfy to say the least as you have to lie perfectly still the whole time.

After about an hour or so of scanning, checking the scan and doing more scanning, I was then free to go.  Crazy thing is, I am so exhausted after this exam.  I head back to work and struggle to make it through the rest of the work day.  But at least this test is over with and the results will let us know if I have arthritis or not...but I think I already know the answer to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment