Life's Path

Sunday, February 20, 2011

August 29 - September 9, 2008

Our vacation!!  We are ready for our big road trip, but it wasn't easy.  I didn't feel "right" all week leading up to us leaving but we are ready and on our way.  I slept lots on the drive.  I guess I needed a break, right? 

We made all our destinations safe and sound and had a wonderful time catching up with our friends, first in Minneapolis, Minnesota and then back to Winnipeg, Manitoba.  Although we were relaxed and having fun, I was struggling.  I always needed breaks to go lay down and rest and just feel like I had to recharge again before doing the next thing.  I was freezing cold all the time.  I ached, mostly in my back but it started to move to other parts of my body.

One night, Glenn and I went out to the movies.  I didn't feel good at all.  I made it through the movie but on the drive back to our friends I just broke down into tears.  Something was really wrong, I did not feel myself at all.  I didn't even feel like I was in my own body anymore.  I remember turning to Glenn and saying "If I have something serious, I want it to take me fast because I don't want to suffer and feel like this for very long". 

I had no idea what was going on with me but I knew that something wasn't right.  We made it through the vacation though despite what was going on.  I will deal with it when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment